- To trade commercially in agricultural commodities like grains and farm inputs
- Offer grain post-harvest services like drying, cleaning, storing, warehousing, fumigation, weighing, bagging and other related services to farmers and other interested parties at affordable rates.
- To manage National Food Reserves (NFR) on behalf of the government
- Organize and coordinate activities of the Food Balance Sheet Committee (FBSC),
- Provide logistics support services on food security issues
- Carry out market intervention on behalf of the government for grains and farm inputs.